Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Doesn't Feel Like a Year...

Just wanted to take a moment to remember my Papa. It was one year ago, today, that he passed. He made so many things possible for my family this year, and I just wanted to say thank you.

He never got to meet Grey Matthew, which makes me sad.

BUT...I know in my heart that he really DID get to meet Grey Matthew. I will tell stories to Grey to let him know how wonderful his "Grandpa the Great" was as often as I remember.

There is also a cool breeze blowing outside right now that distinctly reminds me of my other Grandpa, Tom. There's something about the promise of fall (most likely, the oncoming football season) that puts a little bit of nostalgia, appreciation, love, respect and that ol' Cowboy pride in my heart. I could really use a Hershey's Kiss right now. And a "fish and van." And a hug.

I miss both of my grandpas more than I can describe.

Why can't Grandpas stick around a little longer?

All of my love to both of you amazing men. You made my family stronger. You've put a whole lot of yourselves into who I am today, whether you know it or not, and I will always, ALWAYS remember that.

Love to all "Grandpas," "Poppys" "Grandpa Bobs," "Granddads," and especially "Papas" today.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment